Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Dreaming Anastasia (Dreaming Anastasia, #1)" by Joy Preble

Dreaming Anastasia (Dreaming Anastasia, #1)3 out of 5 stars

Read November 21 to December 2, 2012

Pages: 310
Published: September 1, 2009
Publisher: Sourcebooks

I really wanted to like this book and I had high expectations sinse it is about the Romanov's. It also only has a little more than 2,000 ratings so I wanted to support this book. Too bad that I can't say that I loved it.

This was kind of a The Raven Boys redue. I was so confused during most of the story, and when I thought I finally understood something, something new came up. I didn't really understand the plot and it was confusing with all of the point of view changes.

Anne
I feel like she was just a flat character. There should have been more to her since she was the main character, but I was just kinda bored with her. I guess I did sort of like her though because she was a dancer.

Ethan
He was sort of a sexy, old, bad boy. I mean he's been like 18 since 1918, so he was kinda like Edward. Not a good thing. I also had no clue about what he was supposed to do and his role in the book. I also didnt know if he was in love with Anastasia, cause it seemed like he was, but he was also interested in Anne.

Anastasia
I understand that Baba Yaga stole her away the night her family was murdered, but I didn't understand he role in anything. Why was she still alive?

Victor
He confused me, too. He's Anastasia's half-brother and Anne's great-great-grandfather. He's also been immortal since 1918 and I'm guessing he's supposed to be in his 20s. I just had no clue what he was supposed to do.

Overall, when I first picked up this book, I thought the premise was really cool. After reading it, I'm not too sure what I was thinking in the first place. Maybe I need to finish the series to understand everything, but finishing this series is not at the top of my priority list.

No comments:

Post a Comment