Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #28: YA Fantasy and Paranormal 101

 
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
This Week's Topic:
Ten Books that Would be on My YA Fantasy and Paranormal Syllabus
 
 YA Fantasy
1.
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)
 
2.
Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
 
3.
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
 
4.
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
 
5.
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) 
 
YA Paranormal
1.
Obsidian (Lux, #1)
 
2.
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)
 
3.
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)
 
4.
Splintered (Splintered, #1)
 
5. 
Everneath (Everneath, #1)
 
There are plenty of other books that I could pick, but I wouldn't want my students to do too much reading. Ha ha! They could read more for extra credit though! I think that it'd be really cool to compare/contrast the two genres. They have so many similarities, but tend to have different settings, which is the main difference (in my opinion).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment