Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #70: Ten Books I Read Because of Recommendations

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
This Week's Topic:
Ten Books I Read Because of Recommendations
 
1.
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
I was going to Susan Dennard's Truthwitch signing, which included a bunch of Tor authors and Victoria Schwab was one of them. I heard that it was a really good book, so I bought it while I was there and got it signed!
 
2.
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)
Everyone seemed to love this book, so I caved and bought it. It sat unread on my bookshelf for a while, but I finally read it and really enjoyed it!
 
3.
Starflight (Starflight, #1)
A fellow blogger loved this book and her glowing review convinced me to buy it. Needless to say, I am very happy I read it.
 
4.
Vengeance Road
I never thought Western was my thing, but another blogger told me to give it a chance and I'm happy they got me to read out of my comfort zone!
 
5.
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
I had this one on my TBR for a long time, but I finally read it after prompting from a blogger. And now I will forever be in their debt for making me read this book sooner.
 
6.
Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
I got this recommendation for Adult Paranormal Romance, and now this series and I are in a committed relationship. I can finish one of these books in one day. I just love them so much.
 
7.
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
This is one of those sad cases where someone encourages you to read a book and you did not like it at all. I didn't expect to love it, but it's still super disappointing.
 
8.
Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
I saw this one all around Twitter and was being told by multiple people to read it. I really liked the first, but, sadly, the second fell a bit flat. I plan to read the third because I hope it goes much better.
 
9.
Riders (Riders, #1)
I finally read this book a couple months ago after being told over and over again that I just had to read it. And I loved it. The cover for Seeker, the sequel, was revealed recently and I love it!
 
10.
The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)
I was told by a couple bloggers that I really should read this series. I read the first book, and I thought it was OK. I've heard the other books are better, so plan to read the others and see if they do get better.
 
I don't typically get too many recommendations, so these are most of them. Some of been hits, others have been misses. But that's inevitable.
 
Do you have any books that you always recommend? Have you read any of these books?

No comments:

Post a Comment