Thursday, August 8, 2013

"City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)" by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) "City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)" by Cassandra Clare


WebsiteTwitter ~ Facebook ~ Tumblr



Published: March 27, 2007
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal
Pages: 485
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Read June 28 to July 7, 2013



GoodReads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble



When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons--and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...


Unlike everyone else, I didn't fall in love with this book. I feel bad because it was a great idea, but I only tolerated it. It sucked me in, but not for the entire book.

I just need to say something about the movie. I don't like the actor for Jace. He just doesn't look that handsome to me. Frankly, I think that he just looks plain creepy. But I guess his hair matches the hair on the cover... And I don't really like the actress for Clary. She supposed to have reddish hair and I imagined her shorter. I just feel like the movie will disappoint me.

Back to the book!

It was really cool. There were a few twists and turns and surprises! But I accidentally kinda ruined one of the suprises for me. So when I was supposed to be disgusted and surprised, I felt kinda calm knowing that it wasn't true. I feel bad, but it's better than feeling nasty.

Clary
She was good. Not the best female lead, but she was OK. She was kinda annoying with her fawning over Jace and then going to Simon. I'm personally kinda Team Simon cause I thought Jace was annoying.

Jace
He was really rude to Clary and thought he was better than her. That's annoying and douche-y. He had feelings for Clary, but he refused to show them because of his oh-so troubled past. Yet another boy who's scared to show his true feelings.

Simon
I like him better than Jace because he wasn't rude to Clary. He really cared about her and even though he couldn't do much to protect her, he still tried. Way to go, nerd boy!! So cute!

Overall, this book was good. Is it a favorite? Definitely not. I think I need to read some more of the series before I can decide. It will be interesting to see what happens next and see if Clary learns to be a Shadowhunter and what happens between Clary and Jace.

No comments:

Post a Comment