Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"Matched (Matched, #1)" by Ally Condie

Matched (Matched, #1)4 out of 5 stars

Read 2012

Pages: 366
Published: September 20, 2011
Publisher: Speak

At first, I gave this book 5 stars. But thinking back and skimming through some other reviews, I realized that this book wasn't as good as I thought it was. Looking back, I couldn't stand Cassia and the love triangle. I think it was just a little too forced and unnatural. And I'm kinda sad that the beautiful cover can't make up for it. I just love the cover. It matches (haha) really well with the book because of the green pill and Cassia's color is green.

Even though I really liked the idea and concept, I just got SOOOOO annoyed. It wasn't just one thing, it was everything.





Cassia
I wanted to like her, but I just couldn't. It seemed like her biggest problem was, "What boy should I be with?" That's all she seemed to care about. But I don't think she was really interested in either one. I think she only liked Ky because of his story and mystery. And I think she only like Xander because she was told that he was her match. She was just... ugh.

Ky
I will be honest and say that I did fall for him a little. But just a little. He was just so secretive and even when Cassia was open about her feelings for him, he refused to be honest and tell her that he felt the same way. Why do so many guys in books do that? I know they are poor, tortured souls or something, but really?



Xander
I felt kinda bad for him. He was really interested in Cassia and thought that she felt the same way about him. Poor boy. But I also liked him. I can make him feel better. *wink*

Overall, I loved this book, but thinking more and more about it, I realized that I didn't like it as much as I thought I did. Because of my OCD about finishing books and series, I'll finish this trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment