Sunday, November 29, 2015

Guest of the Month Club ~ Beyond the Blog



 
Welcome to the first ever Guest of the Month Club, hosted by Emily from Emily Reads Everything! This month the topic is Beyond the Blog, which is all about what we do besides blogging. This month I am excited to get to know MC from Blame it on the Books! Here she is!
 
Hi, everyone! I’m MC and I blog over at blameitonthebooks.com. I’m super excited for the first ever installment of the Guest of the Month Club and I want to say thank you to Lizzie for hosting me on her blog! This month’s topic is Beyond the Blog (things we do when we aren’t blogging) and believe it or not, this was actually a hard post for me to write. Mainly for two reasons - 1) blogging has become my number one hobby lately, and 2) I have pretty much made it a point not to share anything about my personal life on the Internet. But I guess it’s time for the world to learn a little bit more about me, so here we go!
 
Unfortunately, I graduated from college a few years ago, so I now have to pretend to be an adult and go to work every day (I am seriously jealous of all of you bloggers / readers who are still in school). I can’t tell you a ton about my job because of confidentiality mumbo jumbo, but I work in the wonderful world of ballroom dance. It’s a pretty cool job because I get to meet people from all over the world and lately I have been able to travel a lot for work. I am the only American and the only girl in my studio, so it’s definitely an interesting experience every day. The guys at work are like my brothers and I can’t imagine not having them around to drive me crazy. I also get to dance all day long, which is pretty darn awesome. In addition to reading, dance has always been a big hobby of mine, and now I get paid to do it every day.
 
The one downside to my job, however, is that it takes up A LOT of my time. I don’t actually end up with a lot of free time (even less now that I am travelling more for work), and since I am basically exercising for 40 hours a week, I tend to want to be pretty lazy during my time off. I think you can probably guess that reading is a big hobby of mine, so I spend most of my free time lounging around and reading. I have a cat named Meeko (after the raccoon in Pocahontas), and he is my snuggle buddy and best friend. We spend a decent amount of time curled up on the couch with a good book. I live in a pretty boring, small-town area of New England, so there really isn’t a ton of exciting stuff to do around here. But a lot of my friends live in Boston, so I try to go visit them whenever I can for a little excitement.

 
Well, that’s pretty much me in a nutshell - dance, books, friends, and my cat. That’s basically all you need to know! Blogging has also become a big part of my life, but the whole point of this post is to talk about what I do when I’m not blogging. So that’s me - just your average twenty-something starving artist. It’s been fun sharing my life with all of you! I can’t wait to learn a little bit more about everyone involved in this project as well! Thanks for having me, Lizzie! It’s been fun!

 
Thanks for being my feature for this month, MC! You can find her at her blog, Twitter, and Instagram!
 
Check back next month for the next topic!


No comments:

Post a Comment