Monday, November 4, 2013

"Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)" by Beth Revis

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)5 out of 5 stars

Read August 17 to 19, 2013

Pages: 398
Published: January 11, 2011
Publisher: Razorbill

I realized after reading this that the two dark shapes are peoples faces. I thought that they were just two dark masses. After realizing that, I thought that the cover was even more beautiful.

I was worried that I not like this book because there were a lot of science fiction elements in it, but I loved it. I couldn't put the book down. I had to keep reading.

So Amy and her family are frozen so they can start a new life on a newly discovered planet. They reason they are frozen is because it will take 300 years to get there. However, Amy gets unfrozen early. Fifty years too early. She's confused and lonely and doesn't know what to do. She wants to unfreeze her parents, but everyone won't let her. Or at least the people who talk to her won't let her. Most of the people on the ship think Amy is a freak with her red hair, green eyes, and pale skin. Everyone on the ship has brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. The only people who accept her are Elder, the next in line to lead the ship, and Harley, his artist friend.

There were so many twists and turns so there was never a boring moment. It grabbed my attention from the very beginning.

Amy
I felt so bad for her. She was lonely and confused and could barely trust anyone. Then when she gets close to Elder, she feels that it's only because he's the only one her age. But she was still able to stay strong and wasn't always too naive.

Elder
He's the next in line to lead the ship. Although he has friends, he feels alone. Everyone else has their own lives and he's stuck with Eldest. He was so happy when Amy came along. I just wasn't happy though when it's revealed that he was the one to unfreeze her, but he didn't know what he was doing. He was just lonely.

Harley
He's now on the list of favorite supporting characters. I just wish he didn't kill himself. He was so funny and looked after Amy and was a great friend to Elder.

Eldest
I knew from the beginning that he shouldn't be trusted! And I was right!!

Doc
I thought he was gonna be a good guy. But I guess not. I was so dissapointed in him.

Victria
I didn't like her too much. But she was kinda important and I have a feeling that she'll play a bigger role in the next book.

Orion
I didn't trust him either! But I feel so conflicted and confused!

Overall, this was a great book and it kept me turning pages til the very end. I can't wait to read the next book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment