Friday, November 1, 2013

"Ruby Red (Ruby Red Trilogy, #1)" by Kerstin Gier, Translated by Anthea Bell

Ruby Red (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #1)5 out of 5 stars

Read October 22 to 26, 2013

Pages: 324
Published: May 22, 2012
Publisher: Square Fish

I want this dress. NOW. This is one of the reasons why I bought this book. I love the color red and it is the color of my horoscope. So, I guess it was fate that I would love this book. The background is also gorgeous. I went to London last year and I've been to or seen a lot of the buildings and sites in the background. Since then, I've been obsessed with everything in the UK.

I felt bad for Gwen. She was ignored by her family, especially her aunt and grandmother. And then when she did have the time traveling gene, her grandma suddenly loved her and her aunt and cousin hated her. I was just happy that he had such a great friend, Leslie.

I don't like how Gwen was trusting Gideon. I wouldn't trust him. He was putting all the moves on her and I would be like, "Get away, bro."

I also think that people need to realize that Gwen is going to be important. No one has faith in her or trusts her, but I do!! She's one of my new favorite main female characters.

Gwen
I loved her. I thought she had a great personality and attitude. I just think she needs to be proud of her time traveling ability and needs to tell people about her ability to see ghosts and gargoyles and communicate with them.

Gideon
I don't trust him. I need to wait and see how he truly is. I don't trust him. That's all I can say.

Leslie
She's one of my new favorite supporting characters/main character's best friend. She was sassy and always believed in Gwen. She believed Gwen when she said that she could see and talk to ghosts and came from a family of time travelers.

Grace
I want to learn more about why she changed Gwen's date of birth. I think that there is a hidden motive that we're going to learn about it. I NEED to find out.

Charlotte
She's so used to being the center of attention and now Gwen has the attention and she can't get over it. I want her to get over it and shut up.

Overall, I loved this book and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. It's a new favorite!!

No comments:

Post a Comment