Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #24


  
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
This week is ten hyped books that we just haven't read yet. And I have plenty of those.
 
10.
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Everyone loves this trilogy, and I'm willing to work on my contemporary issues by reading this one. So many people gush about it, and I don't want to feel left out anymore! Such mixed feelings.
 
9.
Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
Wait for You by J. Lynn
I LOVE JLA. I've read most of her books, but I just haven't read her stuff published under her pen name for contemporary stuff. Most people seem to love it, but I'm worried I won't like it and then it will affect my love for her paranormal work. SOB.
 
8.
Just Listen
Anything by Sarah Dessen
I bought Just Listen when I was in middle school and still have it on my bookshelf. It hasn't been opened. Everyone read her books in 7th grade, except me. I felt a little left out.
 
7.
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
How do you pronounce that last name?! So many people read this book when the movie came out, but I didn't. As I've stated before, I just don't get into contemporary. Sigh.
 
6.
The Fault in Our Stars
Anything by John Green
I think I'm one of the few people in the English-speaking book world who has not read anything by him. I'm not a contemporary person, and they just seem predictable. Also might not read it due to his reaction to what some girl on Tumblr said about him. Look it up if you don't know.
 
5.
The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
I've seen Lauren DeStefano gush about this book on twitter, and so many other people seem to love it. Plus I haven't read A Thousand and One Nights retelling yet. Why haven't I read it!
 
4.
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)
Blood of Eden trilogy by Julie Kagawa
I LOVED her Iron Fey series (haven't read books 5 or 6 yet), but I just haven't read her other stuff, and it makes me feel bad. Soon, I'll read it!
 
3.
The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
EVERYONE loves Maggie Stiefvater's books. I think they're OK. She seems like an amazing person, but I just can't get into her work. I read all of the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, Sinner, The Raven Boys and it just hasn't clicked with me.
 
2.
The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel; Clockwork Prince; Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #1-3)
The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare
I read the first three books of TMI, and I didn't like them at all. People say that if you didn't like TMI, then you'll like TID. But I've had a lot of issues with her other work so this is low priority.
 
1.
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Yeah, I just haven't gotten around to it. So many people love it, but I just haven't read it. And my best friend yells at me for it all the time.
 
LOTS of contemporary. What can I say? I just have an issue with it. I don't know why, but I always have. Maybe because it's too similar to reality and reality sucks. That actually sounds really sad when I say it out loud... Maybe I just need some encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment