The 2016 A Series A Month Reading Challenge is hosted by Danielle @ Love at First Page.
READING CHALLENGE DETAILS:
- The challenge runs January 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016. You can join any time you want by filling out the Rafflecopter below. You must have some sort of initial sign up post that links directly to A Series A Month on my blog to qualify for the challenge, which will be your first entry in the Rafflecopter. EDIT: This can include stating that you’re joining A Series A Month in a monthly recap post; it can be a separate post on your blog; it can be included in a page with all of your challenges; etc.
- The goal is to read one series every month in 2016. How many books that series entails is up to you, but it must be at least two full length books (one book + one novella does not count). For example, I’ve read completed trilogies (i.e. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen), I’ve read completed duologies (i.e. Gone with the Respiration by Lia Habel), I’ve read three books in a series that hasn’t completed yet (i.e. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater), and I’ve finished a series that I started years ago (i.e. Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost), etc. The point of this challenge is to read series you’ve been meaning to read and have wanted to read for a while but have never gotten around to doing so.
- The series itself does not have to be completed in 2016, but you should read through the most recently published book in the series. My personal goal has always been either a completed duology or a series with at least three published books.
- The books in your chosen series must be read within the same month (give or take a couple of days only). Reading one series over the course of six months does not count!
- If you have an extra long series (6+) books, I will allow for two months to finish plus two separate entries in the Rafflecopter.
- If you have a lazy/super busy month and you start one series but don’t finish it until the next month, you can count that series for the second month only (one total entry, not two).
- Re-reads count. I just ask that you’re honest and you actually do re-read the books you say you have!
- The books can be in any format and in any genre, and companion series do count.
- Use the hashtag #ASeriesAMonth when posting your reviews/updates on social media.
- If you would like recommendations, or to see how I’ve done with the challenge in the past, please see this post. It’s also where I’ll be updating 2016’s challenge!
Since the goal is a series a month, I'm hoping I can stick with that and complete 12!
Here's a spreadsheet with all the series I might choose from (there are some full series and some where it is only the first book).
I have a ton of books I'm thinking about reading, but if anyone gives me suggestions, I'll push those higher up on the list! I can't wait to see how many I can get done!