Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #13


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week focuses on books that have characters that we would love to check in with.


I'll be honest. When I love a book, and it's over and I'm not emotionally ready for it, I'll read fan fiction. I know that's probably not uncommon, but still. I just become so emotionally attached that the idea of the series being over is heartbreaking. These are the characters that I would love to just see what's happening with them now. Even better, it would be amazing if the author did a five years later... thing! Please? Pretty please?
 
10.
Starters (Starters, #1)
Callie
Apparently there might be a third book, but it's going to be a prequel, which I feel in unnecessary. I want to know how things are going after Enders. That book had a really vague ending that TOTALLY needs a sequel!
 
9.
Entwined
Azalea and her sisters
I feel like the ending is open enough for there to be a sequel. I'd love to see how their lives' go back to normal.
 
8.
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
Evie and Lend
Super cute couple! I really want to know if Evie goes to college and has a normal life the way she wanted! Especially if she no longer has to worry about tracking paranormals.
 
7.
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
Amy and Elder
They live on a new and unknown planet, of course I'd want to know how things are going!
 
6.
The Katerina Trilogy, Vol. I: The Gathering Storm
Katerina and George
I think  EVERYONE knows what happened to the Romanovs, but in the last book, Katerina and George aren't in Russia, so I'd love to know what happens to them. Plus they are so cute together!
 
5.
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)
Eleanor
I can't type this without getting emotional. I still can't forgive Ms. Dennard for the ending of the third book. I can't, and I don't think I'll ever be able to accept it.
 
4.
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
Juliette and Warner
The ending seemed pretty open, and I want to know how they change and fix the world around them. Plus I want to know about their relationship!
 
3.
Dearly, Departed (Gone With the Respiration, #1)
Nora and Bram
Sadly, there will not be a third book in this series. That news was heartbreaking, and I want to know how Nora and Bram's relationship would work out with the human/zombie romance.
 
2.
Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)
Rhine and Gabriel
I don't want to give away spoilers, but I'd love to see what they've been doing now. There may or may not be a cure. I won't say...
 
1.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Luna and Neville
I know that they don't end up together in books, but I'm pretty sure everyone shipped them. I know I did and I still wished that they ended up together. NUNA FOREVER!

So there are all the characters I want to catch up with, for a variety of reasons. It'd be cool to know what they're up to now.

6 comments:

  1. OOOh nice picks!! Loved Evie and wouldn't mind checking in on her! I picked the Shatter Me gang as well! Warner and Juliette and a few others as well! It was too open ended for me, I felt like I was just shoved off a cliff with that whopper of an ending! And ohhh I chose Susan Dennard's series as well, for the same reason! I did not stop crying with that one! I think that ending killed me the most since all those Harry Potter endings...and yeah, I chose Harry Potter too! No one specific, so basically everyone!

    And oooomg totally forgot the Dearly, Departed books! I was devastated to hear Lia was done with those. Though, she did vaguely mention maybe one day there might be something...but doubtful. It pretty much shattered me. As did Gena Showalter's first YA series. I read what felt like definite proof that that series is done and closed to forever remain with the worst set of cliffhangers all around. She said she wouldn't have ended it like that had she known it was going to be the last book due to low sales but it still kills me. It kills me even more when she said to just know that everyone would've gotten their happy ending. Sometimes, that's truly not enough. *crying uncontrollably*

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many depressing endings! I just can't handle the sadness!!

      Delete
  2. Great choices. The Harry Potter characters seem to be very popular today. Luna made my list, too. I love her.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know what happened to all the characters from the HP series. And I definitely want to know if Luna and Neville ever officially got together. If they had a family like the others or if they ended up with other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They marry different people in the books, but they're sort of paired together, or at least implied, in the movies.

      Delete