Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #9


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This meme highlights upcoming releases that we can't wait for!


This weeks pick...
Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
"Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)" by Susan Dennard
Expected Publication: January 2016

On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery,” a magical skill that sets them apart from others.
In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.
Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.
Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.
Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.
Two words: Susan. Dennard. OF COURSE I'm going to want this book! I adored her Something Strange & Deadly trilogy and I NEED this book so badly! It was originally supposed to be released at the end of this year, but then it was pushed back until early 2016. I'm sobbing uncontrollably now.

Author Links

Book Links


12 comments:

  1. I was actually looking at this book last night! What a coincidence. I haven't read anything by Dennard yet (though I do have some of her books sitting on my shelf staring me down...) but this one has captured my attention regardless. I hope you get the chance to love it!

    My WOW: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-iron-warrior.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved her Something Strange & Deadly trilogy so much!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so interesting!! Truthwitch?? Like what?? Thanks for sharing! Now I'll be waiting, too! 2016 is such a long ways. ):


    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds like something I would enjoy! Thanks for bringing it to my attention and for stopping by at my blog :)
    Lucia @Reading Is My Breathing

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds pretty interesting. I've read good things about Susan Dennard's previous series. good luck with the long wait! Hope you enjoy this when you finally get to read it! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one as well! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stories with witches, and your pick this week sounds like it's quite original, while still catering to my lust for magic!
    I hope you've had a wonderful week, Lizzie. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete