Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pokemon Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon

ReadThemAllThon
Pokemon Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon is hosted by Aentee at Read at Midnight.

Here's everything you need to know:
  • The Pokemon Indigo League #ReadThemAllThon is a 3 weeks long reading challenge based on the Kanto’s Indigo League. Long-time fans of the series would recognise this as the first set of gyms Ash Ketchum had to conquer in his quest to become the Pokemon Master. Now you, my friends, will also embark on a journey to become the very best. Instead of fighting gym battles, you’ll be reading books instead!
  • The read-a-thon will run for 3 weeks between Sunday 14th August to Sunday 4th September.
  • You can sign up anytime between now and the end of the read-a-thon.
  • Create a sign-up post on your own blog/booktube/booklr/etc with the books you will read for the challenge below and title it #ReadThemAllThon TBR or something similar. Then add your link to the link widget below. Please add a link back to this post!
  • There are 8 reading challenges within this read-a-thon, based on the 8 gyms that are in the Indigo League. Earn a badge every time you complete a book!

I must confess that I wasn't a huge fan of Pokemon growing up. I liked it, but I was confused by how things worked, especially the card game. I remember getting cards after Tae Kwon Do classes as a kid, but I really only cared about how cute they were. But maybe I'll start to understand it better with it becoming popular again?


ReadThemAllThon-Badge01-Boulder
Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
This has been on my TBR for a while, and while asking about NA recs, this popped up. I'm not sure if most people consider it NA or Adult, but I can't wait to try it!
 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge02-Cascader
The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I have to admit that books rarely make me cry. I think maybe two have actually made me shed a tear. So while I doubt I'll cry, I probably will get a little emotional.
 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge03-Thunder
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Yeah, I still haven't read this one. But it's perfect timing since the sequel will be coming out soon!
 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge04-Rainbow
Black Iris by Leah Raeder (Elliot Finley Wake)
One of the goals that I made for this year was to read more books featuring LGBTQIA+ characters, and I haven't been doing well so far. But I'm really excited for this book!
 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge05-Soul
Torn by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I love JLA so much, and I can't wait to see what happens. After the ending of Wicked, I'm pretty excited/nervous!
 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge06-Marsh
Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
I recently read the first book, Slave to Sensation, and loved it! Now I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge07-Flame
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
I started this one a while ago (I think I only read a chapter), but ran out of time before I had to return it. I'm a bit wary because I since the player trope already, and I can't stand that trope. And thank God Goodreads has lists based on cover colors!
 
ReadThemAllThon-Badge08-Earth
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Yet another super popular book that I haven't read. I think I'm part of the 1% of the population that hasn't read this series.
 
So here are all the books I plan to read! I've chosen Ponyta. I remember I loved this Pokemon because I thought it was so cute. Cuteness has been the most important factor in choosing Pokemon. I'll be honest and admit I don't know how good this Pokemon is, but I like how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment