Sunday, July 17, 2016

Summer Blog Promo Tour ~ Claire from Blank Slaters

Hey, guys! I'm excited to introduce to you Claire from Blank Slaters! She decided to do the Summer Lovin' Book Tag! Enjoy!
 
1. Pick a book with an attention grabbing first line.
Definitely The Young Elites by Marie Lu. That first line: “I’m going to die tomorrow morning” just grabs you and hooks you in. Marie Lu is such a fantastic author and I really love all of her books. The Young Elites definitely grabs your attention setting up so many questions that will be answered throughout the book.
 
2. Too hot to go out: Pick a book for a day in.
I would have to say The Archived by Victoria Schwab. That book is so dark and haunting, it is definitely the type of book you will want to get comfortable for because it is just THAT good. Also, it is good Winter read (though the book takes place in the summer) that you should curl up with a blanket and cocoa with!
 
3. Summer Road Trip: Pick a book you would take with you on the road.
Definitely Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson. That book is so cute and such a great summery read. I haven’t read Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour yet, but SInce You’ve Been Gone is definitely a road trip read. It’s long, well written, fun and well...summery!
 
4. Ice Tea Goodness: Pick a book with a cold setting.
Ew I hate tea. Anyway, a book with a cold setting, I would say Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. I didn’t particularly enjoy this book, I know an unpopular opinion, but it takes place in a cold place!
 
5. Nasty Sunburn: A book you really disliked this year.
The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye. That book was one of my most anticipated reads and honestly, it just fell flat. The characters, the plot, the magic. All of it. Though the writing wasn’t horrible, I was expecting so much more.
 
6. Sizzling Summer Reads: Name one of your favorite books this year.
Hmm, definitely A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. I know, everyone knows this one was really good. But if you want honesty *shrugs* it would definitely be ACOMAF. It was so well written and definitely one of Sarah’s best works!
 
Thank you guys so much and thank you Lizzie for hosting me on her blog! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment