Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #63: Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
This Week's Topic:
Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them
 
This is a very challenging topic, because I can't think of many things books have made me want to do or remember what books they're related to. So I'm just going to wing it!
 
1.
Become fluent in a second language.
I took French for 6 years throughout middle and high school, but I never became fluent. I'd also love to start learning a third language.
 
2.
Travel the world.
As a college student, I don't have the means to travel much. I would love to one day travel to some of the places I've always wanted to see, like Japan, Norway, and New Zealand.
 
3.
Meet new people.
I have a lot of trouble meeting new people and making friends, and I wish I had that talent that so many people seem to have.
 
4.
Read more fairytales.
I read a ton of retellings, but I've never read the original story. I know the original, but I've never taken the time to actually read it. The only original I've read is East of the Sun, West of the Moon, a Norwegian folk tale.
 
5.
Learn how to paint or how to art.
I have no artistic talent, or at least drawing/painting/sketching talent. I think that talent is something you're born with, so I think I'll never amount to much, but I'd love to take a watercolor class.
 
6.
Learn how to snowboard/ski.
I'm terrified of breaking my legs/arms/body, so I've been hesitant to learn. I also hate the cold so that's been holding me back too.
 
7.
Face my fears.
So many characters are forced to face their fears and be brave, and I wish I could finally face everything that scares me. But that might take a while to face everything.
 
8.
Learn how to horseback ride.
I've ridden horses at camp before, but I've never actually learned the proper way to do it. And how to not accidentally have them walk through poop and make them start sneezing uncontrollably.
 
9.
Learn more about history.
Many books I've read have been set in various historical periods, and I'd love to learn more about them. I've always loved history, but I'd love to work more on learning about different places through the ages.
 
10.
Write a book.
I've started working on a couple, but I've reached the point where I'm having a little bit of writer's block. I'm hoping I can work through it and finally get back to writing, because I really miss it.
 
So I guess I kind of stuck with the topic? I know I'm going a little off topic with some, but as long as I can connect it to books, I guess I'm good.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment